We are fortunate to have our school meals cooked on site each day by Mrs Spary and her assistant Mrs Trigg.
A hot meal is offered every day with a vegetarian option included. Jacket potatoes are also available every day with various fillings. The meals are nutritionally balanced and meet the Welsh Government's 'Appetite for Life' requirements.The current menu can be found by clicking the link below.
Meals cost £2.45 per day for all pupils which includes a main meal and a pudding or fresh fruit. Allergen sheets are available, however should your child have any special dietary needs please do not hesitate to contact us so as we can meet to discuss their needs. We are a nut free school. A menu can be put together to suit your child’s individual requirements. All meals must be paid electronically using Parent Pay. All details are available from the school office as you will need a unique code to register.
For further information visit: www.parentpay.com
Children and young people attending school on a full-time basis may be entitled to receive free school meals.
Who qualifies for free school meals?
Children whose parents/carers receive any of the following support payments may be entitled to receive free school meals in schools maintained by the council.
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit
How do I apply for free school meals?
Complete the online free school meals application form by clicking here.
The shared benefit service at Torfaen Council are dealing with free school meals on behalf of the Authority. You can view the full privacy notice here which will provide further details on how your information is managed.
The Shared Benefit Service can be contacted on 0300 456 3559 or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org